Start Your Bachelor's Degree at GateWay
Starting your college career at GateWay is a smart move. If you plan to transfer to a four-year college or university, we can help you get there! Take advantage of our transfer services, including:
- Transfer partnerships with ASU, UA, NAU, GCU, and 40+ public, private, and online institutions across the country
- Opportunities to meet with representatives from Arizona’s universities on campus
- Special events, like Transfer Fairs, workshops, and more
- Help with the transfer process
- Direct course equivalency and the seamless transfer of credits*
*Speak with an Academic Advisor or visit AZ Transfer’s Course Equivalency Guide for more information.
Connect With Us
Popular Transfer Partners
Arizona State University (ASU)
- Guaranteed admission to ASU degree programs when all MyPath2ASU® requirements are met.
- Cost-effective pathway ensuring all courses transfer and apply to an ASU degree.
- 24/7 Access to electronic tools, including the Pathway Tracker and My ASU to provide clear documentation of your degree progression.
- Access to ASU Transfer Specialist and other pre-enrollment services on-site at the Maricopa Community Colleges.
- Invitations to ASU special college events.
Northern Arizona University (NAU)
- Pay lower community college tuition rates while earning credits toward your NAU degree.
- Access NAU resources, guidance, and mentoring.
- Enjoy a smooth transition to NAU when you have completed your community college courses.
- Receive a merit-based 2NAU scholarship of up to $1,000 per term, if you qualify.
University of Arizona (UA)
- Transfer-specific financial aid is available to help you succeed.
- Explore merit-based awards that make earning your degree even more achievable.
- Grants, loans and transfer scholarships may be available, including:
- All-Arizona Academic Team Tuition Award
- Phi Theta Kappa Scholarship Award
- Transfer Tuition Scholarship
Explore Transfer Pathways
University Transfer Partners: View our full list of partners and explore transfer pathways. You’ll learn which classes to take and when to take them.
Arizona General Education Curriculum (AGEC): A foundation of completed general courses (35-37 credits) that transfer as a block to ASU, NAU, and UA.
- AGEC-A: For students who want to study liberal arts when they transfer to the university. Examples include English, History, Religion, Philosophy, and Communications.
- AGEC-B: For students who want to study business when they transfer to the university. Examples include Accounting, Economics, Finance, and Marketing.
- AGEC-C: For students who want to study programs that require more rigorous math and science when they transfer to the university. Examples include Biology, Chemistry, and Engineering.
Many other degrees offered at GateWay transfer to university partners, as well. Your Academic Advisor can help you plan your academic roadmap to ensure maximum credit transfer.
Need to confirm if a course you’ve already taken will transfer to your university of choice? Check your course(s) here.
Beyond Transfer Pathways with Arizona’s public universities, Maricopa Community Colleges has well-established partnerships with more than 40 institutions within and outside the state. Private and out-of-state transfer partners include Grand Canyon University, Prescott College, Columbia College Chicago, and Western New Mexico University, to name a few. Please visit the links below for guidance and a full list of Transfer Partners.