Congratulations on taking that first step toward your educational pursuits at GateWay Community College. Use our Enrollment Steps Guide to track your progress. This guide can help you remember where you left off in the enrollment steps. The steps below are for students pursuing a credit-based program, such as a CCL, an associate degree, or university transfer.
Step 1 - Get Admitted
- If you are planning on pursuing a degree or certificate, please explore the options available to you. Not all degrees and certificates are offered at every college.
- Complete the admissions application. If you have applied in the past or taken classes at any MCCCD school, please use the Returning Student Application. When filling out the application, select the degree or certificate you plan to pursue. If you are not pursuing a certificate or degree and simply taking classes, you will only need to select your college of choice.
- Set up your Duo two-factor authentication account.
- Provide proof of identification during the online application process. If you are unable to provide your ID via the admissions application, you can also submit it here once you have submitted your application.
- Submit your official transcripts for any previous college coursework to the Admissions, Records, and Registration Office.
- If you will be paying for college using Federal Financial Aid, we can help you start the process.
Step 2 - Complete Tasks in Student Center
After you successfully get admitted, you may have additional tasks to complete. To view your tasks, log in to your Student Center.
If you are new to college, you may need to complete tasks in your Student Center such as determine course placement or attend New Student Orientation and seek initial academic advising.
Maricopa Community Colleges have multiple ways to identify the proper courses for your success. To get started with this step, visit Assessment and Placement to find out how to submit placement documents or take online placement assessments.
Set Up Initial Academic Advising & New Student Orientation
If you are new to college, you will need to attend a New Student Orientation session within your first semester. Learn about GateWay Community College’s Gecko Gear Up Sessions.
Step 3 - Register for Classes
If you know the classes you need to take, then do the following:
- Use Find a Class to search for your classes and select “Open Classes Only.”
- Keep track of your courses’ section numbers for adding classes.
- In your Student Center, click on the Manage Classes tile.
- Use Class Search and Enroll to get registered.
If you don’t know the classes you need to take, you will need to do one of the following:
Then, follow the steps to register for classes.
Once you have registered for your classes, you will be able to view your tuition rate classification in the Student Center. The tuition rate is determined by the submission of your ID and other supporting documents. For more information, go to Residency Information.
Step 4 - Pay Tuition and Fees
After you have registered for classes, you need to make payment arrangements.
If you do not pay the balance of your tuition and fees by the due date, you will not be able to register for any additional classes or receive your transcripts. To check the due date of your tuition and fees, go to your Online Student Center.
You can explore ways to make payment arrangements at the Maricopa Paying for College page. Be sure to monitor your Student Center for the current tuition balance.