GateWay is the only community college that can bring you right to campus on the METRO Light Rail line, from a stop near your home or one of eight park-and-ride lots in Phoenix, Tempe and Mesa.
About the Light Rail
The METRO Light Rail connects the cities of Phoenix, Tempe and Mesa, consisting of 35 stations, 11 'park & ride' facilities and 50 trains. Trains operate approximately 20+ hours a day, stopping at stations every 10 minutes during daytime hours.
There are many reasons to ride the Light Rail to class, including to:
- Avoid highway traffic and save gas
- Protect the environment
- Avoid crowded parking lots
From GateWay, the Light Rail is just four stops from ASU Tempe and Downtown campuses.
New procedure for Transit Subsidy Form:
- Students in need of a bus pass should contact their campus Student Life Representative / Site Coordinator.
- Student Life Representative/ Site Coordinator fills out the Bus Subsidy completely with student information. The form is then saved as a PDF.
- Student Life Representative/ Site Coordinator sends the PDF to the Bookstore manager along with students shipping address and phone number to contact for remaining payment details. There will be no student signature since being handled remotely from the student.
- Bookstore manager will mail the bus pass to the student at the address provided by Student Life Representative / Site Coordinator.
- Bookstore manager will send the scanned receipts to Shalini for processing and payment.
The METRO Light Rail and Valley Metro Bus share the same pricing structure and system for services. Students may be eligible for discounted passes. Learn more.
Discounted Student Passes
Discounted passes are currently available to students through the Bookstore, in conjunction with Center for Student Life & Leadership. To qualify for discounted passes, students must be enrolled in a minimum of 12 credit hours (up to four classes) at the time of purchase. Discounted student ticket pricing is subject to change.
Visit the official Valley METRO website for regular updates and additional information such as promotions, maps and safety tips.