Biology is the study of plants and animals as living organisms, including an in-depth look at their vital processes.
GateWay offers several introductory biology courses that require no prerequisites, including BIO105 - Environmental Biology. This course introduces the fundamentals of ecology and their relevance to human impact on natural ecosystems. Other courses include:
- Marine Biology
- Introductory Biology for Allied Health
- Microbiology Concepts for Allied Health
- General Biology
- Human Anatomy & Physiology
Advanced courses that do require prerequisites include:
- Human Anatomy & Physiology II
Students should review the course requirements for complete details.
Associate in Science: $5,774*
* Please note that these are only estimates and do not include books. These estimates may change based on increases to tuition, course fees and book costs. Estimates are based on the 2016-2017 tuition rates for in-county students. Additional fees may apply.
Accreditation is a process used to measure and certify the credibility and quality of services offered by an organization.
GateWay is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools.
Why should you choose an accredited school?
Although many schools offer seemingly similar degree and certification options, not all schools are accredited. In many instances, accreditation of the degree or program you complete may be required in order to become certified to work in the field.