Nursing Continuing Education
Students at any Maricopa Community College may need to complete courses at more than one of our colleges.
The Nursing Continuing Education (NCE) program offers a variety of classes for credit, ranging from one-day workshops to full-semester courses. Comprehensive program goals include:
- Designing courses to educate students in developing patient management skills above the entry-level for practicing healthcare professionals (both advanced and refresher courses)
- Providing entry-level education courses to students who wish to enter the healthcare field
- Partnering with healthcare agencies to provide diverse learning experiences to expand the student's scope and depth of knowledge
- Collaborating with healthcare agencies to identify the evolving needs of the community
- Planning and implementing programs of study
Additionally, Nursing Continuing Education Programs offers Arizona State Board of Nursing approved refresher classes for LPNs and RNs who have not practiced nursing for more than five years, or who have inactive licenses.
For information on all other courses please click on the Request More Information.
Find a Class
Use the following Find a Class link. In the course search box put in the NCE course or use the pull-down menu for the NCE designation. Classes being offered throughout the current calendar will appear.
For LPN Refresher, use course number NUR 150. For the RN Refresher use course number NUR 295.
Workshops & Conferences
Workshops and Conferences hosted through Nursing Continuing Education are available to view on Purplepass.
Nursing Continuing Education classes are offered at the Washington Campus and at the 18th Street location.
Accreditation is a process used to measure and certify the credibility and quality of services offered by an organization.
GateWay is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission.
Although many schools offer seemingly similar degree and certification options, not all schools are accredited. In many instances, accreditation of the degree or program you complete may be required in order to become certified to work in the field.