GateWay Community College students, faculty and staff have been making a difference in our community through contributions to our healthcare partners and others during the the COVID-19 crisis over the last three weeks.
Separately, more than 120 laptops and nearly 100 hotspots were loaned to students to help them transition to a remote/online learning environment.
We have an Honors student who is making and donating face masks to first responders in the community.
In total, more than $3,300 in supplies and personal protective equipment (PPE) has been donated to various healthcare partners in the Valley. In addition, ventilator and test lung equipment, valued at more than $260,000, was lent to Dignity Health-Chandler Regional Medical Center. See list below for details.
Week of April 6
Physical Therapy Assisting Program donated:
- Gloves, masks and N95 masks
Respiratory Care Program lent:
- 6 ventilators to Dignity Health-Chandler Regional Medical Center
- 2 test lungs
Weeks of March 23 and March 30:
Medical Radiography Program contributed:
- 4 packages yellow infection control gowns (10 items/gowns per package)
- 6 boxes (M) exam gloves
- 2 boxes (L) exam gloves
- 4 containers germicidal disinfectant wipes
- 6 bottles hand sanitizer
- 1 blue sterile gown
Respiratory Care Program contributed:
- 75 PPE kits that each include: 2 antimicrobial wipes, 1 waste bag, 1 clean bag, 1 pair of gloves, 1 cap, 1 mask with face shield, 1 gown
- 40 Rolls of 2" Coban
- 2 containers germicidal disinfectant wipes
- 3 containers of Lysol wipes
- 7 boxes of XL gloves
- 20 boxes of large gloves
- 10 boxes of medium gloves
- 5 large hand sanitizers
- 25 PPE gowns
Industrial Technology Programs contributed:
- 10 N95 masks
Download images here. Photo Courtesy: GateWay Community College