The ACE (Achieving a College Education) Program, began in the summer of 1988, targeting high school students who may consider earning a college degree as an unattainable goal. This program is designed to help create a smooth transition process from high school to college.
We serve a total of 60 students in three career paths each year. High school sophomores are recruited annually, between August through December, from Phoenix and Tempe Union high school districts and charter schools.
Program Applicant Criteria (Requirements)
High school sophomores who have taken at least 6 high school credits at the time of the application submission and who meet one or more of the following criteria:
- First generation to attend college
- Single parent home
- Underrepresented group
- Economic hardship
- Environmental factors, e.g.,
- Works 10-30 hours weekly
- Foster care
- Lives in temporary housing
- Teen parent
- Legacy-sibling or relative of an ACE participant
- Submit a complete application packet available through the ACE Office or while an ACE representative is on your high school campus.
- ACE Program Application
- College Admissions Application
- Two (2) Completed Recommendation Forms
- Personal Essay
- Education & Record Release Form
- Statement of Commitment Form
- Unofficial High school Transcripts
- Your completed application will be evaluated per the selection criteria listed above.
- You will be notified by letter on the status of your application by January of your sophomore year.
- If you are accepted into the ACE program, you will receive a scholarship offer to attend the GateWay ACE program for your junior and senior year.
- New ACE Student/Parent Orientation
- Assessment Testing
5. ACE the application deadline is December 17, 2020
* Please Note: All steps are mandatory to continue enrollment into the ACE Program. Skipping one step may impact your chances of becoming an ACE student.
The following lists include just some examples of classes you will take during your participation in each of the specified career pathways.
- Art/Visual Arts/Performance
*Please Note: Classes offered are subject to change based on student enrollment and class availability.
- ACE Scholarship Application
- Student Responsibility Contract
- Talent Release Form
Participating High Schools*
- Camelback High School
- Central High School
- Carl Hayden High School
- Metro Tech High School
- Cesar Chavez High School
- GateWay Early College High School
- South Mountain High School
- Mountain Pointe High School
- Tempe High School
*List represents only a partial number of high schools where we recruit.
108 North 40th Street
Phoenix, Arizona 85034
Main Building: MA1372(B)
Hours of Operation:
Tuesday: 8 am - 4 pm
Wednesday: 8 am - 4 pm
Thursday: 8 am - 4 pm
Friday: 8 am - 4 pm
Saturday: 8:00 am - 12 pm
Monday - Thursday: 8 am - 5 pm
Friday - Sunday: Closed