Donations and Tax Credits
Make a Difference
Make a difference today in the lives of some amazing students by choosing to support GateWay Early College High School. Your financial support whether through an Arizona Education Tax Credit or partnering with us through the Gateway Foundation provides opportunities that might not otherwise be available.
Supporting GateWay Early College High School students will make the path to their future continually bright.
It’s not a secret that students and educators everywhere have been presented with great challenges in recent times. Most of our students' families have been affected by economic hardships, food and living instability, as well as extreme losses recently due to the COVID-19 pandemic. However, our students are working hard to see past all of the obstacles in their lives to focus on their future educational and career goals. Your donation will help them realize that their goals are still in sight.
There Are Two Ways To Support GateWay Early College High School Students:
1. Maricopa Community Colleges Foundation
- Scholarships for students to take college classes
- Scholarships for students who enroll in programs that have fee requirements such as licensure costs, application fees, uniforms and fingerprint clearance cards
- Professional clothing programs for students
You may make your donation online or by check payable to:
Maricopa Community Colleges Foundation
Mail to: GateWay Community College
Development Office, AF 220, 108 N 40th Street, Phoenix, AZ 85034
2. Arizona Education Tax Credit
- Student experience based trips to in and out of state universities
- Helping pay for standardized testing and fees as part of the requirements on the university pathway
- Career and Technical Education Assessments (CTE)
- Access to the Arts through trips to plays, operas, symphonies and museums
- On Campus equipment to assist students with their physical well being
How much can I donate?
You can give up to the maximum allowable tax credit:
- Single: $200
- Married filing jointly: $400
How will my support benefit students?
The Arizona Education Tax Credit supports extracurricular activities for our students. GateWay Early College High School has a 0% dropout rate and a 98% college acceptance rate. Your donations enabled students to participate in programs or activities that otherwise are not available through school funding. Families often will have to find ways to pay for fees and activities to cover their student’s participation. Your donation has a direct impact on student success as doors are opened for them to experience these opportunities.
We can accept contributions only from individuals. We cannot accept contributions from businesses or corporations.
No. Any individual paying Arizona state income tax can make a tax credit contribution to be used toward extracurricular activities.
No. And, we appreciate any amount. Please remember, you can take this credit on any tax liability for state income taxes up to $200 on an individual tax return or $400 on a joint return. You may donate up to your $200 or $400 limit in installments during the calendar year or donate it at one time.
As an example, lets say you made a $200 tax credit contribution. When you file your state taxes, you will note the credit with a 322 form (downloadable from the State). If your State tax return calculates to a $500 refund, applying the credit will increase your refund to $700. If your State tax return calculates to a $400 liability (you owe) then applying the credit will reduce your liability to $200. However, you cannot receive a refund greater than your State income tax assessment for the tax year.
No. The credits may only be used to the extent they reduce a tax liability to zero on your Arizona tax return. Any unused amounts may be carried forward for not more than five consecutive taxable years.
Yes. A tax credit is a dollar-for-dollar refund of the amount you are donating. The Arizona Kids Tax Credit Program allows every Arizona income tax-payer to contribute to an Arizona Public School. The good news is that GateWay Early College High School students benefit from this tax credit! For more information about the Arizona Education Tax Credit https://azdor.gov/tax-credits/public-school-tax-credit
- Extracurricular Activities – school sponsored activities for enrolled students that supplement the schools education program
- Character Education – a course of study designed to illustrate certain character traits (see guidelines for list of allowed topics)
- Standardized Testing and Fees – tests that are widely recognized and accepted by universities
- Career and Technical Education Assessment (CTE)
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation Training (CPR) – based on nationally recognized guidelines
From and after June 30, 2022 through June 30, 2023
• Capital Items – defined in the Uniform System of Financial Records, including those items listed in section A.R.S. § Title 15-903, subsection C paragraphs 2 through 8 (see guidelines for capital items)
• Community School Meal Programs – a school meal program that takes place before or after the regular school day and is on school property
• Students Consumable Healthcare Supplies
• Playground equipment and shade structures for playground equipment