The Phlebotomy program prepares you to correctly and safely obtain blood specimens and other bodily fluids, process specimens for laboratories, and use computers to record patient information in various healthcare settings. In addition to organization and attention to detail, phlebotomists should have good human relations and customer service skills.
Successful completion of your hours makes you eligible to apply for graduation to receive your certificate of competency.
An evening Phlebotomy program is offered at the Central City location. It meets for 20 hours per week, Monday-Thursday, from 5 to 10 p.m. Contact a Career Navigator for assistance.
- Must be 18 years of age
- High school diploma or GED
- Complete admission packet
- Meet the minimum score on the Reading Placement Test or other acceptable measure
Information Session Attendance
If you are interested in this Healthcare program, you will be required to attend an Information/Advising Session that will provide in-depth information and enrollment guidance.
- Information Sessions for Phlebotomy at Chandler-Gilbert Community College-Williams Campus in Mesa are held every Tuesday and Thursday, starting March 19, from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m., and from 1 to 4 p.m., CGCC Engel Hall, Room 101.
- Information Sessions for Phlebotomy at the SouthWest Skill Center in Avondale are held every Thursday, from 3 to 4 p.m.
- Information Sessions for Phlebotomy at Mesa Community College-Red Mountain Campus in Mesa will be shared by Summer 2020.
Upon completion of the program you may find employment as a lab assistant, a patient service technician (PST), phlebotomist or a medical lab assistant.**
You also may take advantage of career services to gain skills in interviewing, resume writing, looking for a job and other career guidance. Through these services you will be better prepared to complete successful interviews and attain employment.
Clock Hour Program
Clock-based certificates are training programs that provide skills for quick entry into the workforce. The clock-hour programs have specific year-round start dates.
Mesa Community College-Red Mountain Campus (Fall & Spring)
Certificate of Competency - Phlebotomy: $1,842*
Visit O*NET OnLine for median salary.