Environmental Science and Water Resource Technologies Career Fair
Save the Date: March 5, 2020, 6 to 9 p.m., Copper Room/IE1302 | Washington Campus
- Network with various stakeholders including municipalities, government agencies, and private companies associated with the water industry.
- See presentations by guest speakers on various aspects of career opportunities in the water industry.
- Learn about the new Environmental Science and Water Resources Technologies programs and courses.
- Speak with an advisor about specific program and enrollment questions.
Environmental Science Technology provides education in environmental research and investigation for the purpose of identifying, abating, or eliminating sources of pollutants or hazards that affect either the environment or the health of the population. Using knowledge of various scientific disciplines, may collect, synthesize, study, report and recommend action based on data derived from measurements or observations of air, soil, and water in preparation for employment.
There are two pathways:
Environmental Science Technology, which is focused on air quality, pollution, chemical or other hazards that impact the health of a population.
Environmental Science and Water Resources Technology, which is designed to prepare students in theoretical and practical hands-on training in the monitoring of water quality and quantity as well as in water, wastewater, and industrial wastewater treatment. The emphasis is on federal, state, county, and city regulations affecting water quality and quantity management in addition to water/wastewater treatment. The students take part in the operation, calibration, and maintenance of water monitoring field instruments and water and wastewater treatment monitor field equipment. The program assists students in their preparation for ADEQ examinations in both water and wastewater treatment.
The credits earned from both pathways may transfer to a bachelor's degree in environmental science programs offered by Arizona state universities.
Environmental Compliance Technician**
Environmental Health Specialist**
Environmental Protection Specialist**
Water and Wastewater Operator**
Certificate of Completion in Environmental Science Technology: $2,550*
Associate in Applied Science in Environmental Science and Water Resources Technologies: $6,216*
Visit O*NET OnLine for median salary.
* Please note that these are only estimates and do not include books. These estimates may change based on increases to tuition, course fees and book costs. Estimates are based on tuition rates for in-county students. Additional fees may apply.
** For information about careers in your area of study, visit O*NET OnLine for detailed job descriptions, education requirements, as well as wage and employment trend information.