Our priority is to protect the health and well-being of our students, staff, and community. Career Services and will be on a GateWay campus for three days out of each week. We will also be available to serve you virtually, including career exploration, resume, and cover letter review, practice interviews and other helpful online resources.
All GateWay Campuses:
For employer inquiries, please email email@example.com
Our virtual job board is available Maricopa PipelineAZ
The career decision-making process involves personal reflection, awareness and informational research. What's important to you and who you are as a person will influence the industry you seek. Because there are numerous self assessment tests based on different methods, it may be a good idea to take at least two or three assessments and compare the results for commonalities.
- A free Myers-Briggs Type test at HumanMetrics.
- What do you want out of a career? What would you be doing if you weren't paid to do it? Take the Career Values Test to see what really matters to you when selecting a career.
- Career Test is a free online assessment to help you determine which career(s) best suit your interests.
- The Strong Interest Inventory is one of the most popular assessment tests that helps align your interests with suitable career choices. Fee based.
- Myers-Briggs Type Indicator is one of the most widely used assessments to determine what type of personality you have and what careers you are most likely to find satisfaction. Fee based.
Personal Mission Statement
A personal mission statement is designed to help you establish your personal direction and define your personal purpose. It's a self assessment of who you are and what you want to achieve in all areas of your life: Career, Education, Finance, Leadership, Well-being, etc.
Research shows that if you write down your mission and goals you are more likely to achieve them. Furthermore, research also suggests that if you share goals with those you trust you are even more likely to achieve them by holding yourself accountable.
- Franklin Covey Personal Mission Statement Builder
- Nightingale Personal Mission Statement Creator
- How to create your own Personal Mission Statement
- Other common assessments can be found in the Riley Guide.
Try one, try five. Do what you are comfortable with and see how they compare. The more you take the greater the chances of finding a common trend, which will help you narrow down the selection of your educational and career choices.
Our Career Counselors are available to help you sort out and provide a basic interpretation of the various results.
Your skills are tasks that you have already learned how to carry out. Some people have many skills, and some people have a few well-honed skills. Explore the skills you have already developed, and see where you can go with skills you are currently developing.
- Take the iSeek Skill Assessment
- Use the CareerOneStop Skills Profiler
- Try the CareerPerfect Preference Inventory
Your values are the basis of all the ethical decisions you make. Read more about how values are important in the workplace in the following links: