Communication courses involve studying the exchange of information from one person to another. This process can take place in a verbal or written format. GateWay classes are designed to help students build skills in:
- Listening and speaking
- Preparing for success in a career
- Building and maintaining supportive and effective relationships, both personally and professionally
Students are expected to understand and use complex ideas such as culture, values, assertiveness and research relevant information to express information logically, giving a voice to their own beliefs and ideas.
GateWay offers several different communications courses, including COM100 - Introduction to Human Communication. This course covers the speech communication process and may serve as a prerequisite for understanding higher-level courses that cover:
- Interpersonal Communication
- Public Speaking
- Intercultural Communication
Associate in Arts: $5,774*
* Please note that these are only estimates and do not include books. These estimates may change based on increases to tuition, course fees and book costs. Estimates are based on the 2016-2017 tuition rates for in-county students. Additional fees may apply.
Degrees and Certificates
Accreditation is a process used to measure and certify the credibility and quality of services offered by an organization. GateWay is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools.
Why should you choose an accredited school?
Although many schools offer seemingly similar degree and certification options, not all schools are accredited. In many instances, accreditation of the degree or program you complete may be required in order to become certified to work in the field.