CNC Machine Operator
The Certificate of Completion (CCL) in CNC Machine Operator prepares students for employment as entry level operators and technicians in the manufacturing industry. The program provides applied skills in the operation of manual/Computer Numeric Control (CNC) machines for current and future needs of the manufacturing industry. Certificates of Completion (CCLs) in CNC Machining I and CNC Machining II and an Associate in Applied Science (AAS) in Manufacturing Production Technology are also available.
This program is not eligible for Title IV Federal Financial Aid.
Students must earn a grade of C or better in all courses within the program.
- Perform basic preventive maintenance checks on Computer Numerical Control (CNC) equipment. (MPT130, MPT130MP)
- Safely start up, operate and power down Computer Numerical Control (CNC) equipment. (MPT130, MPT130MP)
- Use a fundamental understanding of technical documentation to safely monitor CNC equipment. (MPT130, MPT130MP)
- Appropriately use tool and work holding devices. (MPT130, MPT130MP)
- Demonstrate the ability to set a tool compensation including height, length, diameter, and wear. (MPT130, MPT130MP)
- Use appropriate devices to confirm a part's compliance. (MPT130, MPT130MP)
- Use a fundamental understanding of program code to properly operate a CNC machine. (MPT130, MPT130MP)
- Effectively document work. (MPT130, MPT130MP)
|Course #||Course Title||Credits|
|MPT130||CNC Machine Operator (6) OR|
|MPT130MP||CNC Machine Operator (6)||6|
At Maricopa, we strive to provide you with accurate and current information about our degree and certificate offerings. Due to the dynamic nature of the curriculum process, course and program information is subject to change. As a result, the course list associated with this degree or certificate on this site does not represent a contract, nor does it guarantee course availability. If you are interested in pursuing this degree or certificate, we encourage you to meet with an advisor to discuss the requirements at your college for the appropriate catalog year.Read the official description