Accelerated Basic Phlebotomy (Night)
The Certificate of Competency (CCT) in Accelerated Basic Phlebotomy program is designed to prepare a person to obtain blood specimens by skin puncture and venipuncture. The phlebotomist may find employment in hospitals, patient service centers, life insurance companies, doctors` offices, outreach services, and donor centers. Students in the Phlebotomy program will be in contact with potentially infectious blood, tissues, and body fluids. During this program, eligible students will have the opportunity to take the national certification exam.
18 years of age to enroll.
This program is not eligible for Title IV Federal Financial Aid.
Students will be required to have a minimum of 50 successful live draws to sit for the national certification examination. The expense of the examination is the student`s responsibility.
Students wishing to attend a clinical site rotation should enroll in the Clinical Phlebotomy program or enroll in PLC122 upon completion of the Accelerated Basic Phlebotomy program.
Students must meet all required program competencies in order to receive a passing grade. This program is a P (pass) or Z (no pass) graded program.
- Application of safety and government standards and compliance to the phlebotomy setting. (PLC109, PLC111)
- Demonstrate critical thinking, professional and ethical conduct in phlebotomy practices. (PLC109, PLC111)
- Communicate sufficiently to serve the public, patients and members of the healthcare team. (PLC109, PLC111)
- Implement quality assurance and quality control principles to requisitioning, specimen transport, and specimen processing. (PLC109, PLC111)
- Perform specimen collection utilizing proper procedures, equipment, and techniques. (PLC109, PLC111)
- Application of methodologies and techniques including problem solving and troubleshooting for phlebotomy. (PLC109, PLC111)
|Course #||Course Title||Clock Hours|
|PLC109||Phlebotomy Basic Skills||90|
|PLC111||Specimen Processing and Advanced Techniques in Phlebotomy||90|
At Maricopa, we strive to provide you with accurate and current information about our degree and certificate offerings. Due to the dynamic nature of the curriculum process, course and program information is subject to change. As a result, the course list associated with this degree or certificate on this site does not represent a contract, nor does it guarantee course availability. If you are interested in pursuing this degree or certificate, we encourage you to meet with an advisor to discuss the requirements at your college for the appropriate catalog year.Read the official description