Industrial Design Technology involves working closely with engineers to create dynamic products with a unique look and feel using the latest 3-D technology available.
This program will prepare you for a career in the industry by:
- Training you with hands-on experience using CAD, CAM, CNC and 3D printing.
- Using the latest 3-D design software to develop new products.
- Creating prototypes and product simulations.
- Manufacturing the finished design.
Giving you a working knowledge in the field of product design, product development and rapid part production.
Learn competency and technical expertise on industry specific 3D Solid Design software, Computer Aided Manufacturing (CAM) software, 3D printers and Multi-Axis Computer Numerical Control (CNC) controlled machines.
The core-specialty of this program is hands-on experience with CAD, CAM, CNC and 3D printing.
Design Engineer, Industrial Designer**
Certificate of Completion in Industrial Design Technology: Design Specialist: SolidWorks: $2,592*
Associate of Applied Science in Industrial Design Technology: $7,620*
Visit O*NET OnLine for median salary.
* Please note that these are only estimates and do not include books. These estimates may change based on increases to tuition, course fees and book costs. Estimates are based on the 2016-2017 tuition rates for in-county students. Additional fees may apply.
**For information about careers in your area of study, visit O*NET OnLine for detailed job descriptions, education requirements, as well as wage and employment trend information.