Mathematics involves the study of numbers, abstractions, patterns and space. This subject area serves as an integral part of general education by providing the basic foundation for logic and reasoning.
A degree with an emphasis on Math may lead to career opportunities in areas such as:
- Automotive Technology
- Business & Finance
- Computer Science
Math is also used in so many ways in your everyday life such as:
- Balancing your checkbook
- Being an informed citizen on basic economic issues
- Calculating and understanding your own taxes
- Comparing prices while shopping for the best bargain
- Determining your savings on a sales item
- Making informed investment decisions
- Measuring materials for household projects
- Understanding loan payments for your house, car and more
Associate in Science: $5,774*
* Please note that these are only estimates and do not include books. These estimates may change based on increases to tuition, course fees and book costs. Estimates are based on the 2016-2017 tuition rates for in-county students. Additional fees may apply.
For information about careers in your area of study, visit O*NET OnLine for detailed job descriptions, education requirements, as well as wage and employment trend information.