Mathematics involves the study of numbers, abstractions, patterns and space. This subject area serves as an integral part of general education by providing the basic foundation for logic and reasoning.
A degree with an emphasis on Math may lead to career opportunities in areas such as:
- Automotive Technology
- Business & Finance
- Computer Science
Math is also used in so many ways in your everyday life such as:
- Balancing your checkbook
- Being an informed citizen on basic economic issues
- Calculating and understanding your own taxes
- Comparing prices while shopping for the best bargain
- Determining your savings on a sales item
- Making informed investment decisions
- Measuring materials for household projects
- Understanding loan payments for your house, car and more
Math classes include:
- Basic Arithmetic
- Introductory Algebra
- Intermediate Algebra
- College Mathematics
- College Algebra/Functions
- Brief Calculus
- Mathematical Analysis
- Calculus I, II and III
- Modern Differential Equations
Placement tests are required for most courses and may be scheduled through the Testing Center.
Associate in Science: $5,774*
* Please note that these are only estimates and do not include books. These estimates may change based on increases to tuition, course fees and book costs. Estimates are based on the 2016-2017 tuition rates for in-county students. Additional fees may apply.
Accreditation is a process used to measure and certify the credibility and quality of services offered by an organization.
GateWay is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools.
Why should you choose an accredited school?
Although many schools offer seemingly similar degree and certification options, not all schools are accredited. In many instances, accreditation of the degree or program you complete may be required in order to become certified to work in the field.