Retail management involves handling day-to-day responsibilities of running a store and large amounts of money in annual revenue, and overseeing employees.
Retail managers use sophisticated software to take care of business tasks including:
- Managing budgets
- Scheduling work
- Tracking & ordering products
- Setting prices
- Controlling inventory
- Managing shelf space
- Assessing product profitability
First-line managers supervise retail sales employees and workers in specialty departments. Responsibilities in managing staff include:
- Training employees
- Scheduling work hours
- Overseeing orders
- Inspection of goods and services
- Reviewing the price of goods
- Measuring the inventory of goods
- Monitoring sales activity
- Creating reports for store managers
This rapidly changing industry sees diversifying inventories as a way of catering to one-stop shoppers. Employment is found in small and large retail stores, grocery stores and more.
Certificate of Completion in Retail Management: $2,109*
Associate in Applied Science in Retail Management: $5,688*
* Please note that these are only estimates and do not include books. These estimates may change based on increases to tuition, course fees and book costs. Estimates are based on the 2016-2017 tuition rates for in-county students. Additional fees may apply.
Degrees & Certificates
Accreditation is a process used to measure and certify the credibility and quality of services offered by an organization.
GateWay is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools.
Why should you choose an accredited school?
Although many schools offer seemingly similar degree and certification options, not all schools are accredited. In many instances, accreditation of the degree or program you complete may be required in order to become certified to work in the field.