Accounting or bookkeeping is a business process involving the documentation of financial transactions.
Accounting responsibilities vary depending upon company size and structure. Examples include:
- Monitoring detailed account transactions
- Compiling and interpreting numerical data for reports
- Updating accounts and files for accuracy and information
- Recording and analyzing financial data
- Specializing in taxes, consulting, budgeting, auditing or forensic accounting
Accountants are employed by large corporations, small businesses, trade establishments, manufacturing firms, banks, real estate agencies, government agencies and accounting firms.
Certified Public Accountants (CPA's)
Earning a Bachelor's Degree in Accounting and completing additional requirements gives accountants the opportunity to sit for the CPA licensure exam. CPA's work in the public or private sector and many are self-employed. For more information, see the AZ State Board of Accountancy criteria.
Request More Information
Bookkeeping, Accounting, and Auditing Clerks**
Certificate of Completion in Accounting: $2,281*
Associate of Applied Science in Accounting: $5,860*
Visit O*NET OnLine for median salary.
Consumer Info: Accounting
* Please note that these are only estimates and may not include books. These estimates may change based on increases to tuition, course fees and book costs. Estimates are based on the 2016-2017 tuition rates for in-county students. Additional fees may apply.
** For information about careers in your area of study, visit O*NET OnLine for detailed job descriptions, education requirements, as well as wage and employment trend information.