The Certificate of Completion (CCL) in Air Conditioning and Electrical Accessories should prepare students to enter the automotive air conditioning/electrical service areas of the industry. Modern laboratory facilities, fully equipped with the latest equipment, may provide students with excellent opportunities for pre-employment experience.
Students must earn a grade of "C" or better in all courses within the program.
|Course #||Course Title||Credits|
|AUT103AA||Automotive Electrical Systems||6|
|AUT107AD||Automotive Air Conditioning||4|
|AUT130||Automotive Quick Service||4|
|AUT215AA||Automotive and Electrical/Electronic Systems II||4|
- Solve electrical problems using Ohm's Law. (AUT103AA)
- Demonstrate ability to read and understand electrical/vacuum diagrams and shop manuals. (AUT103AA)
- Use safety precautions in servicing electrical and air conditioning systems. (AUT103AA, AUT107AD)
- Demonstrate proper use of air conditioning test equipment. (AUT107AD)
- Perform evacuation, charging, and leak detection and repair of the air conditioning system. (AUT107AD)
- Diagnose electrical and air conditioning problems. (AUT103AA, AUT107AD)
- Demonstrate proper use of electrical test equipment. (AUT103AA, AUT107AD)
- Repair and/or replace electrical air conditioning components. (AUT103AA, AUT107AD)
- Install an air conditioning system. (AUT107AD)
- Explain the operating principles of the refrigeration and the automatic temperature control systems. (AUT215AA)
- Diagnose and repair automotive electronic systems such as wiper circuits, digital dashes, body computers, anti-skid brakes, sensors and transducers. (AUT215AA)
- Evaluate customer complaints and determine appropriate action to take to resolve complaints. (AUT130)
- Demonstrate ability to quickly find information in standard service publications, flat rate manuals and parts books. (AUT130)
- Apply shop safety procedures to specific automotive systems services. (AUT130)
- Demonstrate ability to utilize industry specific vehicle interfaces for maintenance level repairs. (AUT130)
At Maricopa, we strive to provide you with accurate and current information about our degree and certificate offerings. Due to the dynamic nature of the curriculum process, course and program information is subject to change. As a result, the course list associated with this degree or certificate on this site does not represent a contract, nor does it guarantee course availability. If you are interested in pursuing this degree or certificate, we encourage you to meet with an advisor to discuss the requirements at your college for the appropriate catalog year.