Ease your transition from high school to a GateWay Community College full-time student!
Applications are being accepted for NEW students to join EXCEL!
GateWay Community College is one of only three Maricopa Community Colleges with the EXCEL Program. EXCEL is a student success program providing student scholars with assistance to navigate college toward degree completion and university transfer. Our program is funded by the Arizona Community Foundation and we also partner with College Success Arizona.
With EXCEL, you will not be alone. We will be here to help you every step of the way! Students working toward their first bachelor degree should apply! Also, students without a bachelor degree working who are working toward a certificate program and who are Pell Grant eligible may qualify for the EXCEL Program. Contact the EXCEL Coordinator to discuss.
For more information and requirements please read here.
Want to earn FREE college credits?
- Summer Bridge Program (Summer 2020 - currently accepting applications!)
* 2020-2021 FAFSA -requires 2018 tax information. MUST complete FAFSA for EXCEL funding. (GWCC school code 008303).
- Earn three college credits FREE (courses are selected by EXCEL)
- Free text books
- Free bus pass
- Free breakfast and snacks
- Summer Institute (Will be offered virtually in Summer of 2020)
Attendance is mandatory for all EXCEL student scholars.
- Receive EXCEL backpack with school supplies and EXCEL polo (new students)
- Impactful workshops and keynote speakers from ASU!
- Scholarships awarded for GWCC fall semester!
- Fall and Spring
- Personal and focused academic advisement
- Workshops, enhancement activities, and mentoring sessions
- Scholarship opportunities
- Borrow a laptop or graphing calculator (as available)
- Textbook assistance (case-by-case)
- Free bus pass
- Dedicated Peer Mentors and Success Coach
- Snack pantry
- Emergency financial assistance (case-by-case)
How to Apply
- Fill out this application: https://my.maricopa.edu/support/excel/excel-application-gwcc
- Complete the GateWay Community College Admission Process
- If your GPA is 2.5 or less, take your Placement Tests
- Complete FAFSA for the followings years:
- 2020-2021 (Requires 2018 Tax Information) Fall and Spring Semesters
Program Location & Contact Information
EXCEL Office Location
Main Building, Room MA1372
Gateway Community College
108 N. 40th Street
Phoenix, AZ 85034