Be Prepared for Regulatory Changes in Healthcare
Be prepared to accept the challenges of laws regulating the healthcare industry. If you are a healthcare administrator, help your employees gain the knowledge to keep your facility or practice penalty free.
GateWay has an online certificate program for healthcare administrators, managers and others with supervisory responsibilities to address the rapidly changing healthcare compliance regulations.
What You will learn:
- Legal mandates and ethical considerations for healthcare corporate regulatory compliance programs.
- The Seven Essential Elements of an effective compliance program.
- Laws governing abusive and fraudulent healthcare practices and billing of services.
- The roles played by various governmental agencies in regulating and enforcing healthcare laws.
- Laws governing the use and security of patient Protected Health Information (PHI) and electronic Protected Health Information, (ePHI) as defined by the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) and the Health Information Technology for Economic and Clinical Health Act (HITECH).
- Application of the laws and principles to create a corporate compliance program.
Interested students should first contact Wendi Nugent, Director for Health Services Management, for information and enrollment assistance. Once student eligibility is verified, students will be provided a permission number and directed to register online or by phone with the College Admissions and Records Office.
For your convenience, all classes are online and must be taken in sequence as a cohort, a group of students who go through the program together. Classes are four, eight or twelve weeks long. Students in a cohort will be able to complete the certificate within 15 months.
A new cohort will begin approximately every six months based on new student enrollment.
Students are expected to maintain a “C” or better in all courses in the program.
You will need to have satisfactory completion of college level English 101 or equivalent as shown by transcript.
Interested students should contact Carolyn Delgado for more information and application forms.
Certificate of Completion in Healthcare Compliance: $2,126 - $2,384*
* Please note that these are only estimates and do not include books. These estimates may change based on increases to tuition, course fees and book costs. Estimates are based on the 2016-2017 tuition rates for in-county students. Additional fees may apply.
Degrees & Certificates
Accreditation is a process used to measure and certify the credibility and quality of services offered by an organization.
GateWay is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools.
Why should you choose an accredited school?
Although many schools offer seemingly similar degree and certification options, not all schools are accredited. In many instances, accreditation of the degree or program you complete may be required in order to become certified to work in the field.