Be Prepared for Regulatory Changes in Healthcare
Be prepared to accept the challenges of laws regulating the healthcare industry. If you are a healthcare administrator, help your employees gain the knowledge to keep your facility or practice penalty free.
GateWay has an online certificate program for healthcare administrators, managers and others with supervisory responsibilities to address the rapidly changing healthcare compliance regulations.
What You will learn:
- Legal mandates and ethical considerations for healthcare corporate regulatory compliance programs.
- The Seven Essential Elements of an effective compliance program.
- Laws governing abusive and fraudulent healthcare practices and billing of services.
- The roles played by various governmental agencies in regulating and enforcing healthcare laws.
- Laws governing the use and security of patient Protected Health Information (PHI) and electronic Protected Health Information, (ePHI) as defined by the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) and the Health Information Technology for Economic and Clinical Health Act (HITECH).
- Application of the laws and principles to create a corporate compliance program.
Interested students should first contact Wendi Nugent, Director for Health Services Management, for information and enrollment assistance. Once student eligibility is verified, students will be provided a permission number and directed to register online or by phone with the College Admissions and Records Office.
Request More Information
Medical and Health Services Managers**
Certificate of Completion in Healthcare Compliance: $2,126 - $2,384*
Consumer Info: Healthcare Regulatory Compliance
* Please note that these are only estimates and do not include books. These estimates may change based on increases to tuition, course fees and book costs. Estimates are based on the 2016-2017 tuition rates for in-county students. Additional fees may apply.
For information about careers in your area of study, visit O*NET OnLine for detailed job descriptions, education requirements, as well as wage and employment trend information.