Hospital Central Service technology involves providing service support for patient care in a hospital setting. This occupation provides an entry-level opportunity to begin a career in healthcare.
A Central Service Technician's responsibilities include:
- Providing vital patient care services support in a healthcare facility
- Knowing all of the tools used in an operating room
- Sterilizing and packaging instruments used during surgery
- Decontaminating, cleaning, processing, assembling, storing and distributing medical devices and supplies used in patient care
Manual dexterity is an essential skill needed by technicians. Tasks must be performed quickly and proficiently, especially when handling instruments.
Technicians use written and verbal communication skills to interact with nurses, surgical technologists and the surgical support team in order to provide the best possible patient care.
Certificate of Completion in Hospital Central Service Technology: $3,202 - $4,000*
* Please note that these are only estimates and do not include books. These estimates may change based on increases to tuition, course fees and book costs. Estimates are based on the 2016-2017 tuition rates for in-county students. Additional fees may apply.
Degrees & Certificates
Accreditation is a process used to measure and certify the credibility and quality of services offered by an organization.
GateWay is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools.
Why should you choose an accredited school?
Although many schools offer seemingly similar degree and certification options, not all schools are accredited. In many instances, accreditation of the degree or program you complete may be required in order to become certified to work in the field.