Our program is the largest of its kind in the state of Arizona, offering an exciting and comprehensive variety of classes for credit, ranging from one-day workshops to full semester courses. Comprehensive program goals include:
- designing courses to educate students in developing patient management skills above the entry-level for practicing healthcare professionals (both advanced and refresher courses)
- providing entry-level education courses to students who wish to enter the healthcare field
- partnering with healthcare agencies to provide diverse learning experiences to expand the student's scope and depth of knowledge
- collaborating with healthcare agencies to identify the evolving needs of the community
- planning and implementing programs of study
Additionally, NCE offers Arizona State Board of Nursing approved refresher classes for LPNs and RNs who have not practiced nursing for more than five years, or who have inactive licenses.
Some of the continuing education classes we offer include:
Psychiatric Technician (NCE 103)
Advanced Placement Nursing Assistant (NCE 150)
Interpretation of Laboratory Diagnostic Examinations (NCE203)
Basic EKG Interpretation (NCE214CA)
Patient Care Technician Skills (PCT) (NCE221)
IV Therapy and Medication Skills (NCE223)
Basic Critical Care (NCE 249)
RN Refresher (NUR 295)
LPN Refresher (NUR 150)
Accreditation is a process used to measure and certify the credibility and quality of services offered by an organization.
GateWay is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission.
Although many schools offer seemingly similar degree and certification options, not all schools are accredited. In many instances, accreditation of the degree or program you complete may be required in order to become certified to work in the field.