Automotive Service involves the diagnosis, repair and maintenance of mechanical issues in automobiles. Automotive technicians develop the skills needed to accurately diagnose the source of a problem and to demonstrate quality workmanship.
We partner with leading manufacturers such as Toyota and Honda, providing you with unique hands-on training and certification specific to the needs of manufacturers and dealerships.
Larger repair shops often employ specialized mechanics in focused areas of interest, including:
- Air Conditioning
- Drivability and Emissions
- Heavy-line Mechanics
- Motorcycle and Diesel Running Vehicles
Employment is found in car dealerships, independent garages, private companies and government agencies or self-employment.
Associate of Applied Science Degree: $6,626*
Certificate of Completion: $4,906*
*Please note that these are only estimates and do not include books. These estimates may change based on increases to tuition, course fees and book costs. Estimates are based on the tuition rates for in-county students. Additional fees may apply.
Degrees & Certificates
- Associate in Applied Science in Automotive Service
- Certificate of Completion in Automotive Engine Repair
- Certificate of Completion Automotive Automatic Transmission and Transaxle
- Certificate of Completion Automotive Manual Drive Train and Axles
- Certificate of Completion Automotive Steering and Suspension
- Certificate of Completion Automotive Brake Systems
- Certificate of Completion Automotive Electronic/Electrical Systems
- Certificate of Completion Automotive Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning Systems
- Certificate of Completion Automotive Engine Performance
- Certificate of Completion Basic Automotive Maintenance
- Certificate of Completion Automotive Maintenance and Light Repair
- Certificate of Completion Automotive Electrical, Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning Systems
Accreditation is a process used to measure and certify the credibility and quality of services offered by an organization.
The Automotive Technology program is designed to prepare students for the National Institute for Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) certification in all areas. Our programs are accredited by the National Institute for Automotive Service Excellence - Education Foundation.
GateWay is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools.
Why should you choose an accredited school?
Although many schools offer seemingly similar degree and certification options, not all schools are accredited. In many instances, accreditation of the degree or program you complete may be required in order to become certified to work in the field.