State Service Leadership: ADOT Leads
The Certificate of Completion (CCL) in State Service Leadership: ADOT Leads is designed exclusively for current Arizona Department of Transportation (ADOT) employees preparing for supervisory/managerial positions within the organization. Instruction focuses on the development of leadership skills, including the fundamental concepts of professionalism, organizational culture and management, characteristics of effective teams, conflict resolution, motivation, systems-thinking, problem-solving, and coaching.
This program is offered through an educational partnership. Employment by the partnership organization is required for admission and approval from the GateWay Apprenticeship Office.
This program is not eligible for Title IV Federal Financial Aid.
Students must earn a grade of C or better in all courses within the program.
- Apply federal and state employment regulations. (MGT290, MGT291)
- Integrate employee and team development strategies to promote continuity in operations and customer service. (MGT290, MGT291, MGT292)
- Utilize coaching skills to cultivate employee development and department efficiency. (MGT290, MGT291, MGT292, MGT293)
- Deploy professional results-driven management systems focusing on customer value and mission outcomes to drive continuous improvement. (MGT290, MGT291, MGT292, MGT293)
- Explain financial budgeting and procurement standards required to ensure the department's functionality. (MGT292, MGT293)
- Implement human resource standards in recruiting, hiring and retaining the qualified and competent employees. (MGT293)
|Course #||Course Title||Credits|
|MGT290||Leadership Through Continuous Improvement: Leading Self||3|
|MGT291||Supervisor Essentials: Aspire to Lead||3|
|MGT292||Employee Coaching and Development: Leading Others||3|
|MGT293||Collaborative Leadership: Leading Teams||3|
At Maricopa, we strive to provide you with accurate and current information about our degree and certificate offerings. Due to the dynamic nature of the curriculum process, course and program information is subject to change. As a result, the course list associated with this degree or certificate on this site does not represent a contract, nor does it guarantee course availability. If you are interested in pursuing this degree or certificate, we encourage you to meet with an advisor to discuss the requirements at your college for the appropriate catalog year.Read the official description