Radiologic Technology, otherwise known as X-ray Technology, involves using sophisticated imaging equipment to photograph parts of the human body.
The responsibilities of performing medical imaging procedures in this occupation include:
- Assisting physicians by producing images of diagnostic quality
- Explaining the imaging process to patients
- Positioning patients and equipment correctly
- Adhering to the principles of radiation protection
- Maintaining a working knowledge of equipment functionality
- Processing images
- Keeping patient records
Jobs are found in hospitals, physicians' offices, clinics, diagnostic imaging centers, temporary staffing agencies and mobile units.
The Radiologic Technology program will provide educational activities leading to the preparation of its graduates for employment as radiographers in the healthcare community. The program will offer continuing education opportunities to enhance and/or provide new skills for the qualified practitioner.
- Students will be able to perform examinations competently
- Students will communicate effectively
- Students will develop critical thinking skills
- Students will demonstrate professionalism
Virtual Information Session
Medical Imaging & Cardiopulmonary Sciences
Upon completion, all students must complete this verification form
The Radiologic Technology program at GateWay has allocated 10% of its available seats for any student in the application queue that currently is or was in the military.
Associate in Applied Science Degree in Radiologic Technology: $ 9,875 - $13,440*
Certificate of Completion in Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI): $1,593*
Certificate of Completion in Computed Tomography (CT): $1,679*
Visit O*NET OnLine for median salary.
* Please note that these are only estimates and may not include books. These estimates may change based on increases to tuition, course fees and book costs. Estimates are based on the 2016-2017 tuition rates for in-county students. Additional fees may apply.
** For information about careers in your area of study, visit O*NET OnLine for detailed job descriptions, education requirements, as well as wage and employment trend information.