Degrees & Certificates
Program Delivery Methods
MaricopaNursing at GateWay offers several schedules to meet the needs of today's student. Classes are offered in an accelerated option (one block will occur during the summer months), traditional day program, and a full-time evening program which includes evening classes usually two days per week with additional labs and clinicals possible on Fridays, Saturdays, and/or Sundays (depending on clinical availability).
Learn more about our concurrent enrollment nursing program.
AAS Degree in Nursing Program Options:
4 Semester Traditional Option
Classes begin each Fall semester. Classes are offered in day hours. Clinical experiences are generally scheduled during the daytime hours with occasional night and weekend rotations. Once admitted to this program, students can expect to complete the A.A.S. Degree in Nursing in 4 semesters.
Classes are scheduled 2 nights per week, extending past traditional semester boundaries. Clinical work experience is a program requirement and may occur during days, nights, Fridays and weekends with 12-hour shifts in selected specialties. Upon admission, students may expect to complete the evening option in 24 months.
Accelerated Degree Option
Classes extend past the traditional semester boundaries including summer months. Clinical experiences may occur during the day or evening hours with occasional weekends. Once admitted to the Nursing Program, students can expect to complete the A.A.S. Degree in Nursing in approximately 16 months.
The following information has been compiled to help assist students wishing to enter the RN program at GateWay.
- Visit MaricopaNursing for course requirements.
- The Nursing Program accepts all completed applications; no provisional or incomplete applications are accepted.
- Applications that meet all admission requirements are accepted at any time during regular campus business hours and applications may be turned in at any college that offers the MaricopaNursing Program.
- At the end of each application period (application periods are listed in each application), the campus advisor will enter the student's application information into the MaricopaNursing computer database.
- All applications received during each defined period will receive a random date and time stamp.
- MaricopaNursing has a diverse student population and does not consider age, ethnicity, nor gender in selection of students.
- All students must apply for admission to the college where they will take their nursing courses and complete all required residency and verification documents prior to registering for any nursing courses. See the following steps to learn how to enroll at this campus.
- An MCCCD supplemental background check and an Arizona Department of Public Safety Level-One Fingerprint Clearance card are required for students interested in any Allied Health and Nursing programs offered by Maricopa Community Colleges. For more information about this new requirement, please visit healthcare.maricopa.edu.
GateWay Community College wishes to announce that it will host a site review for continuing accreditation of its Associate in Applied Science in Nursing Program by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN).
You are invited to meet the site visit team and share your comments about the program in person at a meeting scheduled at:
GateWay Community College
Wednesday, Oct. 4, 2017
4 to 5 p.m.
Center for Health Education Careers (CHCE), Auditorium/CH1106.
Written comments are also welcome and should be submitted directly to:
Dr. Marsal Stoll, Chief Executive Officer
Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing
3343 Peachtree Road NE, Suite 850
Atlanta, GA 30326
Or e-mail: email@example.com
All written comments should be received by the ACEN by Tuesday, Sept. 26, 2017.
Accreditation is a process used to measure and certify the credibility and quality of services offered by an organization.
The Maricopa Nursing Program is approved by the Arizona State Board of Nursing, and accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN).
Each MaricopaNursing college is accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN) at 3343 Peachtree Road NE, Suite 850, Atlanta, GA 30326. State approval for the Nursing Programs is provided by the Arizona State Board of Nursing (AZBN) at 4747 N. 7th St. Suite 200, Phoenix, AZ 85014, (602) 771-7800.
GateWay is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools.
RN-NCLEX Pass Rates
GateWay is one of eight Maricopa County Community College District (MCCD) colleges that offer an Associate of Applied Science Degree in Nursing. Graduates of this nursing program are eligible to take the national licensing examination (NCLEX-RN), through the Arizona Board of Nursing, to become licensed registered nurses.
For current program outcomes, visit MaricopaNursing Program Outcomes.
Why should you choose an accredited school?
Although many schools offer seemingly similar degree and certification options, not all schools are accredited. In many instances, accreditation of the degree or program you complete may be required in order to become certified to work in the field.